Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Weather delays shuttle Discovery launch

NASA won't be launching the shuttle Discovery until 1:10am ET Wednesday. Weather is the cause for the delay. Such measures have to be taken to potentially avoid a disaster. Cady Coleman said to CNN, "Basically, you go when the time is right, and a space station mission has to go at a certain time. You have a window of time in order to catch up with the space station."

I watched many films about the disasters of previous missions, and I sure hope this doesn't happen. I'd rather them not proceed with the mission than to launch under desperate measures. I love watching Discovery channel and seeing all the information gathered about outer space. That makes me highly respect those who risk their lives to complete difficult missions. They provide data and information for many researchers and scientists to study.

Source:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/space/08/25/space.shuttle.launch/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment